Firewize is seeking the services of an experienced fire sprinkler fitter for routine servicing of fire protection systems in buildings. The successful candidate will demonstrate industry knowledge, reliability, professionalism and accountability.
Our customers look to us for a safe and complete resolution of their requirements including the routine servicing, repair, alteration or addition to existing fire protection systems. This is achieved while bringing a sense of certainty and professionalism that the work we perform is delivered competently with a high attention to detail.
- Job Details
In this role, you will be be responsible for the routine servicing of all types of fire sprinkler systems, fire hydrant systems, fire hose reel systems, fire pumpsets, tanks, etc.
This means you will need to have a healthy understanding of the requirements of Australian Standard AS1851:2012.
- Skills & Experience
Where an automatic fire sprinkler system is installed we require our sprinkler fitters to know how to interpret and apply the requirements of the approved design and all relevant Australian Standards.
- you will have satisfactorily completed a Certificate III in Fire Protection
- be registered and/or licensed with the Victorian Building Authority ("VBA") for fire protection work;
- read, interpret, understand and apply the requirements for the alteration and/or addition to an existing fire system based on relevant requirements of the Code, Standards, drawings and specifications.
- knowledge and ability to interpret and apply the requirements of relevant editions of Australian Standards such as AS2118, AS2441, AS2419, AS4214, AS6183, AS1851. Other standards may also apply.
- experience in conducting routine servicing of fire protection systems and equipment.
The typical duties and responsibilities of this role include the following;
- conduct a Job Hazard Analysis ("JHA") and if required prepare a Safe Work Method Statement ("SWMS") for high risk construction activities;
- use your knowledge and experience to undertake the routine servicing (inspect, test, survey and maintain) fire protection systems (including pumps, hydrant systems, hose reel systems and water supplies) and associated equipment Australian Standard AS 1851:2012;
- conduct a survey and prepare a report of fire systems to identify any defects or condition that could adversely affect its operation;
- conduct the routine service and maintenance of a fire protection or fire suppression system and interpret the latent conditions to ensure the system is working and will continue to work in accordance with the approved design.
- other duties as directed.
- Work Location
Our office is based in Notting Hill however there will be some travel around the Melbourne metropolitan area or within the state of Victoria meeting with our customers and other technicians on site to undertake your duties competently and safely.
- Pay & Benefits
The successful applicant will be offered an excellent base salary (EBA) with employment conditions and benefits that will provide you a career opportunity that sets us apart as an employer of choice.
- Application Process
If you think you understand the parameters for this opportunity and you have what it takes, then hit the Apply Now button on the top of this page. When you apply we will send you more information including an outline and timeframe and shortlisting process. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now!