- Fire Isolated Stairway
A stairway or ramp (including any landings) forms part of the access and egress provisions within a building or structure, as set out in Part D2 of the National Construction Code ("NCC"). The access and egress performance requirements for a fire isolated stairway or ramp must protect evacuating occupants from a fire the building (NCC Section D) and provide features to the degree necessary to enable;
- DP1 - access for people with a disability;
- DP2 - provision for safe movement to and within a building;
- DP3 - fall prevention barriers;
- DP4 - exits to allow occupants to evacuate safely;
- DP5 - fire isolation to the degree necessary to safely protect occupants from a fire;
- DP6 - paths of travel for occupants so they can safely evacuate the building;
- DP7 - in certain circumstances evacuation lifts in addition to the required exits to assist occupants to evacuate a building safely.
Note: Performance Requirements DP8 and DP9 were not included in this list as they do not specifically relate to the fire safety features of the building.