Australian Standard AS/NZS 2293 is a series of three individual Australian and New Zealand Standards (AS/NZS 2293.1, AS/NZS 2293.2, AS/NZS 2293.3) that cover the appearance, construction, performance, testing, design, installation, operation and maintenance of emergency lighting and exit signs for buildings. This is a reference standard within the Building Code of Australia
- AS/NZS 2293.1 — Emergency lighting and exit signs for buildings System design, installation and operation
- Specifies requirements for the design and installation of emergency lighting and illuminated emergency exit signage systems for buildings. Central battery, single point and self-contained systems are included.
- AS/NZS 2293.2 — Emergency lighting and exit signs for buildings Routine service and maintenance
- Specifies requirements for the periodic inspection and maintenance procedures for emergency evacuation lighting systems to ensure that such lighting systems will be in a state of readiness for operation at all times.
- AS/NZS 2293.3 — Emergency lighting and exit signs for buildings Emergency luminaires and exit signs
- This Standard specifies requirements for the design, construction, performance and testing of emergency luminaires and exit signs. It applies both to emergency luminaires and exit signs that are centrally supplied, and to emergency luminaires and exit signs of the self contained type.