- Annual Essential Safety Measures Report ("AESMR")
An Annual Essential Safety Measures Report or ("AESMR") is a report defined in Part 15, Regulation 223 and Regulation 224 of the Victorian Building Regulations 2018 that requires the owner of a building or place of public entertainment to prepare a report in accordance with Regulations within 28 days before each anniversary of the relevant anniversary date.
Regulation 224 states the report for a building or place of public entertainment must;
- be in a form approved by the Authority;
- be signed by the owner of the building or place; and
- state the address of the building or place; and
- include the details of any inspection report made under section 227E of the Act in relation to an essential safety measure in the building or place; and
- if applicable, state that the owner of the building or place, in accordance with regulation 196 or 217, is complying with AS 1851—2012 in relation to an essential safety measure required to be provided in the building or place, instead of the frequency and type of inspection, testing and maintenance required for the essential safety measure specified in the relevant occupancy permit or the maintenance determination (as the case requires); and
- state that the owner has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that each essential safety measure in the building or place—
- is operating and has been maintained in a state that enables the essential safety measure to fulfil its purpose; and
- has been inspected, tested and maintained in accordance with the Act and these Regulations.