Firewize is widely recognised and established as a leader in fire and essential safety measures maintenance and compliance. We work with building owners and agents of owners to help maximise the reliability of their fire and essential safety measures in their buildings.
This is no desk job, in this role, you will be hands on, out on site inspecting buildings and their essential safety measures. There is a lot of freedom in this role and a lot of responsibility. An eye for detail accompanies by a methodical and systematic approach to your work are key attributes for success in this role.
In this role, you will be conducting inspections of the fire and essential safety measures in buildings to identify non-conformances and defects and to ensure they are working. You will also be preparing quotations to undertake remediation of any issues identified and liaising directly with both internal and external stakeholders.
The Victorian Building Regulations require building owners to maintain the fire and essential safety measures in their buildings. Sometimes a building owner may novate this responsibility to an agent or tenant of the building. We are then engaged to carry our the periodic inspection of these safety measures such as;
- Building Fire Integrity
- Means of Egress
- Fire fighting services and equipment
- Air-Handling Systems
- Automatic fire detection and alarm systems
- Occupant warning systems
- Building clearance and fire appliances
In this role, you will be responsible to conduct periodic inspections of the essential safety measures and gather information necessary to prepare reports (including the Yearly Condition Report and Annual Essential Safety Measures Report) as well as to prepare quotations necessary to rectify defects.
Skills & Experience
As a graduate building surveyor, you will be expected to have completed or substantially completed your studies in one of the following fields;
- Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building Surveying
- Bachelor of Building Surveying
- Bachelor of Engineering (Architectural Engineering)
- Bachelor of Construction Management
Your duties will include working with our internal team to coordinate, plan and carry out the inspection of the essential safety measures within buildings. These duties will typically include;
- Plan and organise daily, weekly and monthly activities for yourself and others;
- Conduct periodic inspections of the essential safety measures in buildings;
- Gather information (photographs, written & typed reports) about the condition & latent non-conformances or defects observed while conducting an on-site inspection;
- Monitori the deterioration or defects of a property and offering advice on repair work;
- Prepare quotations necessary to rectify defects observed or that exist within the building;
- Writing technical reports;
- Conduct quality inspections of other trades and/or services who conduct essential safety measures maintenance;
- Help improve Firewize' processes and systems to improve efficiency and quality of the services we provide;
- Help grow the business looking for new opportunities either through direct contact, word of mouth, tenders or other methods;
- Write periodic articles and produce content for the Firewize website, social media and online video;
- Other duties as directed.
Our office is based in Notting Hill however there will be travel around the Melbourne metropolitan area meeting with our customers and other technicians on site.
Pay & Benefits
The successful applicant will be offered an excellent base salary and bonus scheme with employment conditions that will provide you a career opportunity that sets us apart as an employer of choice.
If you think you understand the parameters for this opportunity and you have what it takes, then hit the Apply Now button on the top of this page. When you apply we will send you more information including an outline and timeframe and shortlisting process. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you!
At Firewize we strive to be one of Australia's leading providers of trade, technical and engineering services for fire safety. We work with discerning building owners, managers and agents of large commercial buildings and property portfolios. Our philosophy is to hire great people, placing them in a stimulating environment, with the resources and support they need to enable their talent to shine.
Firewize is an equal opportunity employer.